Do you have stained, yellowed, or darkened teeth? Are you looking for an alternative?
Tooth discoloration is typical as patients age. Discoloration can be caused by many factors from diet and lifestyle habits to tooth damage or certain medications. Moreover, if you understand the sources of discoloration you may find the right treatment option that helps boost your self-confidence. Dr. James White offers cosmetic options to treat tooth discoloration in Las Vegas, NV. Dr. White will analyze your oral health prior to treatment for optimal results. Discover the causes of this dental concern as well as in-office treatments:
Causes of Tooth Discoloration
- Diet: Coffee, tea, and wine can stain teeth. These beverages are dark-colored and acidic.
- Smoking: Tobacco products stain teeth. Smoking, chewing, or vaping can cause teeth to yellow.
- Tooth Damage: Trauma or damage to a tooth can cause dark spots to develop on the tooth.
- Overexposure to fluoride: Bright white patches on teeth may be the result of overexposure to fluoride.
- Medications: Certain antibiotics can cause spots of discoloration on teeth. Dental bonding or veneers cover these stains because they are often resistant to tooth whitening treatment.
- Deterioration: Tooth enamel thins and wears down naturally over time. This leaves the underlayer of dentin exposed. Dentin is naturally yellow in color and can make teeth look discolored.
Treatment Options for Discolored Teeth
- Porcelain Veneers: Dental veneers are crafted from ultra-thin porcelain ceramic that is bonded to the front and sides of teeth. Because dental veneers are color-matched to teeth, they offer a brighter look.
- Tooth Bonding: Tooth bonding is an economical and quick way for patients to fix discolored teeth. Along with this, resin composite material can last from 3 to 10 years.
- Tooth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening treatment is a long-lasting option. In addition, whitening teeth with this method improves tooth health and reverses the effects of aging on teeth.
Request an Appointment
Improve your confidence with treatments that whiten and brighten teeth. Call 702- 213-7220 or schedule a consultation with Dr. White and his dental team on our website. Dr. White’s professional staff aim to give patients comfortable care in a friendly environment.