Dr. James White provides tooth extraction treatment in Las Vegas, Nevada. This general dental service benefits patients who have overcrowded, infected, or decaying teeth. Dr. White and his dental team ensure patient comfort throughout treatment and offer an array of restorative solutions post-treatment.
Reasons for Tooth Extractions
There are a variety of reasons why a patient may need a tooth extraction:
- Tooth infection
- Periodontal disease
- Wisdom teeth extraction
- Extensive tooth damage
- Removal of extra teeth
- Overcrowding of teeth
- Baby teeth (preventing the development of permanent teeth)
These oral health problems can easily impact the health of teeth and gums. Patients need extraction because of excessive damage and enamel wear, jaw pain, and crooked teeth caused by these conditions. In addition, extraction prevents decay from spreading and causing more damage.
Tooth Extraction: What to Expect
A tooth extraction can be completed during a single visit. Dr. White will explain the procedure and make sure you are relaxed and comfortable before treatment. He will separate the tooth from its socket by releasing the ligaments. Dr. White will then gently rock the tooth back and forth until it loosens and can be removed. The open area will be carefully cleaned and gauze will be placed to keep it clean.
Post Extraction Care
There are several things to keep in mind following your tooth extraction:
- Do not smoke for at least 24 hours following treatment.
- Do not drink anything through a straw.
- No strenuous exercise should be performed within the first 24hrs.
- Eat a soft diet with foods and beverages that are not too hot or too cold. Stay away from alcohol and spicy foods as they may irritate the tissue.
- Change the gauze placed at the extraction site every 30-45 minutes until the bleeding stops completely.
These tips should minimize discomfort and side effects. If there are any abnormal reactions or excessive bleeding at the extraction site, call our office immediately.
Request a Consultation
Do you need a tooth extraction? Benefit your long-term oral health today with treatment in Dr. White’s Las Vegas dental office. Call 702- 213-7220 or schedule an appointment with Dr. White and his professional dental staff on our website.